Re: AW: [xsl] Discussion regarding what we want XSLTransformations.com to become

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] Discussion regarding what we want XSLTransformations.com to become
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:50:05 -0500

At 2:25 AM -0700 3/13/06, M. David Peterson wrote:
Tommie, which do you feel is most appropriate when new discussions are created such as this in regards to what should be announced on the list, and what should stay focused on the forum? It would seem to me that by creating a simple announcement regarding the creation, and then move discussions to these areas then this will make it much easier for folks who come along at a later date and search the list archives to locate the area where these discussions are taking place. It also keeps proper focus on XSL-List, pushing the actual discussion to the forum.

I think that your forum should be treated like any other resource on XSL-List.

You have announced it, so the "regulars" know about it. Other than this, I don't see a need for additional announcements unless the forum comes up in the course of discussion. (If you search the XSL-List archives for XML-Dev you will find that it has come up many times over the years, as have various FAQs and several other mailing lists.)

In other words, it will come up when someone answers a question by saying look at the XYZ in forum.xsltransformations.com, or when someone (perhaps I, but perhaps someone else) says "that discussion would be more appropriate at forum.xsltransformations.com".

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com 17 West Jefferson Street Phone: 301/315-9631
Suite 207 Direct Line: 301/315-9634
Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML