Re: Re: [xsl] Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer

Subject: Re: Re: [xsl] Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:54:38 -0600

 > How about this, could you produce HTML for the browser, and insert
a link pointing to a >normal, binary Excel file for your users to
download? This would sidestep all the >strangeness you are dealing
with.
> That would probably break all Cocoon rules.

I don't see why.  I just googled "cocoon sax excel" because of my
suspicion that would be the most likely way to do it (as I mentioned
before) and I remember the piping supporting xslt or SAX in Cocoon
when I examined it for incorperation for a project of mine.  I got
more than a few results that seemed appropriate:
http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2003/01/22/cocoon-excel.html was one that on
a quick glance seems appropriate.  In the last stage of the pipeline
return the binary file.

> (I will ask why in Cocoon group -
> unfortunately people there are very much non-responsive!)

Sorry to hear that, but at the same time how much help can you expect
from this list about these things?  I don't see how much better
getting an answer several times from two different people that they
can only guess at things and can't help by large is any more helpful
then getting nothing.

I'm not trying to sound negative or police the list.  It just seems
like you need to take a step back and reconsider your approach.  Best
of luck of getting some help.

Jon Gorman