[xsl] creating new lines in textarea input for HTML

Subject: [xsl] creating new lines in textarea input for HTML
From: Stuart Zakon <sz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:01:44 -0800

The <textarea> input in HTML will take a value that has multiple lines CR/LF but will not preserve the line feeds (treated as whitespace).

On the other hand, if I add these using <xsl:text>&#x0a;</xsl:text>, they show up fine in the textarea.

So the challenge is, how do I break up the string using XSLT and put in the above?

I though string-before() would work but realized that it is treating '&#x0a;' as literal text. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks,
Stuart Zakon