[xsl] File vs URL

Subject: [xsl] File vs URL
From: "Kaila Kaarle" <Kaarle.Kaila@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:14:48 +0200

Hello,

I have a problem converting my xml to a Word 2003 xml document. The
problem and my solution I described in

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200601/msg00111.html

 So far it's been funtioning OK in my own tests but my users found
problem with pathnames. In this I would appreciate help.

I use libxslt/libxml with XSLT 1.0 with some XSLT 1.1 features

My stylesheet has a variable tmpname that contains the string:
C:/DATA/My Music//pavetest_files/tmp.xml

--------------
First I create an xml file with this:

<xsl:document href="{$tmpname}">
  <dict>
    <entry>
      <xsl:call-template name="raport"/>
    </entry>
  </dict>
</xsl:document>
-----------------

Then I (try to) process the tmp.xml with this:

<xsl:apply-templates select="document($tmpname)"/>
----------------------

This all works fine if there are no spaces or non-usascii characters in
tmpname
E.g. C:/DATA/MyMusic//pavetest_files/tmp.xml  is ok but
C:/DATA/My Music//pavetest_files/tmp.xml fails.

The tmp.xml is created in both cases but is not found in the case where
pathname contains a space.

Is this a problem in libxslt or can I do something to convert the
tmpname to a url that the document function would understand?

I need also some other files from the folder (pavetest_files) such as
images.

Regards
Kaarle Kaila