RE: Re: [xsl] XPath expression confusion

Subject: RE: Re: [xsl] XPath expression confusion
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:00:36 -0500

There seems to be a variety of usage in the term "root" in the context of XML documents. While it is true that "/" represents the document's "root node", the child of "/" is commonly referred to as the "root element".

Since the person who asked the question clearly wanted to know if "system" was the top-level element in my document (and therefore the child of "/"), I answered "yes", although, as you point out, the "root node" is always "/", and the "root element" is always the only child of "/".
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email