RE: [xsl] Paragraphs in Word XML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Paragraphs in Word XML
From: "Kaila Kaarle" <Kaarle.Kaila@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:56:47 +0200

Hi again,

To follow up this thread I'll tell you how I finally succeeded in this. As
Michael said it was a tough one.

I did the transformation in two steps. If I understand correctly it could not
be done with plain XSLT 1.0 but libsxlt has the <xsl:document> element from
XSLT 1.1 that I needed and this is available in other engines too.

1. First I created a temporary file as this:

<xsl:document href="tmp.xml">
<dict>
  <entry>
 <xsl:call-template name="raport" />
  </entry>
</dict>
</xsl:document>

2. Here I created the result without any <p> elements but with
<w:pPr>
   <w:pStyle w:val="TableHeader"/>
</w:pPr>

(Paragraph style definition) at the beginning of every paragraph

3. Then I read the data into the document using

 <xsl:apply-templates select="document('tmp.xml')"/>

4. In this I used transformations using method by David Carlisle from

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200510/msg00089.html

To add the <p> element in the right places.
I could not solve without using tmp.xml.

So great thanks for Michael and David and for this great list.

Regards
Kaarle