Re: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes not removing the xmlns attribute in the root element

Subject: Re: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes not removing the xmlns attribute in the root element
From: Juergen Donnerstag <juergen.donnerstag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:48:20 +0100

On 1/3/06, Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
>
> > May be I wasn't clear. I do not want to remove the namespace
> > prefix from all elements and attributes. I just want to
> > remove xmlns:wicket="http://wicket..." from the root tag
>
>   But if you copy nodes from within this namespace, you still need in
> the output tree the namespace declaration.

This is true, but because the output will be inserted into a html
document (it is only a fraction of the whole html document which
already contains the xmlns:wicket="http://..." definition), than it is
not needed. i thought this is what exclude-result-prefixes is about,
but it does do what I thought it does.

Juergen

> --drkm

> Nouveau : tiliphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Dicouvez les tarifs
exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.