Re: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes not removing the xmlns attribute in the root element

Subject: Re: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes not removing the xmlns attribute in the root element
From: andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:27:18 +0000

On 1/3/06, Juergen Donnerstag <juergen.donnerstag@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> May be I wasn't clear. I do not want to remove the namespace prefix
> from all elements and attributes. I just want to remove
> xmlns:wicket="http://wicket..." from the root tag

Sorry, you were clear enough, I was on autopilot.

The root element has the attribute wicket:id, so it *must* have wicket
defined there.

What is you reason for not wanting it on the root element, and where
do you want it to be defined?  It shouldn't make any difference
(unless you are feeding the result to a custom parser?)