Re: [xsl] Matching problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Matching problem
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:16:50 +0200

Hi Sven,

It is helpful to actually describe what exactly do you mean by it does not work and eventually post a full cut down of course example.
I tried a stylesheet like
<xsl:transform version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:template match="car | car/version">
got it
</xsl:template>
</xsl:transform>
and I get the "got it" with both your intended input documents. I said intended because they are not wellformed, I assumed you mean:

<car>
  <version>
     <audi/>
     <bmw/>
  </version>
</car>

and

<car>
    <audi/>
    <bmw/>
</car>

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina

Sven Waibel wrote:
Hi all,

i have these xml:

1.

<car>
  <audi>
  <bmw>
</car>

2.

<car>
  <version>
     <audi>
     <bmw>
  </version>
</car>

These are the two possibilities that can occur.

I tried: match="car | car/version" but it does not match correctly resp.
it does not work.

Some ideas?

Thanks
Sven