Re: [xsl] Debugging XSLT + Introduction

Subject: Re: [xsl] Debugging XSLT + Introduction
From: thomas.maciejewski@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:52:38 -0500

I have xml spy which is a nice program however the XSL debugger is kind of
confusing and also I am not sure if I can debug with the saxon parser.

Regards,

Tom Maciejewski

                      Sylvain
                      Hellegouarch             To:       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      <sh@xxxxxxxxxx>          cc:
                      12/20/2005 09:50
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      xsl-list

Hello Tom,

> I am really, as you can see,  not a pro at XSLT 2.0 and am sort of
learning
> under fire.   I want to thank you all for your patience with my
questions.

I am not even a pro at XSLT 1.0 myself... *sigh* ;)

> One of the comments/ questions that I have is that I am having problems
> debugging XSLT.   With Java or most other programming languages I could
> step through with a debugger or add debug statements.   Could you
recommend
> a good way to approach debugging problematic XSLTs?

I don't know if that's a good way but I usually use XML editor capabilities
in
that area. Editors such as oXygen or EditX have very nice XSLT debugging
features. This is just a thought but I have no idea if it could suit you.
Good
luck anyway.

- Sylvain

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.