RE: [xsl] Generate XSL on the fly from mapping

Subject: RE: [xsl] Generate XSL on the fly from mapping
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:16:48 -0000

If the first schema describes this document:

<flight>
  <from>London</from>
  <to>San Francisco</to>
  <distance>3452.1</distance>
</flight>

and the second schema describes this document:

<flight>
  <from>LHR</from>
  <to>SFO</to>
  <distance>5554.428</distance>
</flight>

then what XSLT code would you generate to transform one into the other?

How would this code change if the second document were:

<route start="LHR" end="SFO" km="5554.428"/>

?
In short, the answer is: it can't be done. Not without making a large number
of improbable assumptions.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/