Re: [xsl] Re: Default namespace in result document

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Default namespace in result document
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:48:04 GMT

> More googling has found the xsl:namespace element in 2.0.  Is this
> useful for this problem?  Is there anything else I can do?

no xsl:namespace creates namespace nodes in 2.0 but doesn't (usually)
affect the name used on elements.

It seems that you want to use explict prefixes in the stylesheet but use
no prefix in the output. In fact an XSLT1  system is allowed to do that
(so long as you make sure that there is a namespace binding for the default
element in the result, but most systems take the use of a prefix in the
stylesheet to be a strong hint that the user wants that prefix in the output)

David

http://www.star.net.uk