RE: [xsl] Encoding problem or what else?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Encoding problem or what else?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:26:51 -0000

> However when I run my transformation one of the two produces
> the following
> saxon error:
>
> SXXP0003: Error reported by XML parser: Document root element
> is missing.

It's actually a Xerces error: Saxon's just the messenger.

I've never worked out exactly what it means, it seems to be something of a
catch-all error to indicate that the file exists but Xerces hasn't been able
to start parsing it. I'm a little surprised that it should be produced for
an encoding problem, but it's not impossible, as it does seem to cover quite
a range of conditions.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/