Re: [xsl] passing parameters between pages

Subject: Re: [xsl] passing parameters between pages
From: Oleg Konovalov <olegkon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:20:55 -0500

David (and others),

You are right, by "XSL page" I meant web (XHTML) pages generated from XSL
by xsl->html transormer&serializer.

Yes, "a matter of scripting in HTML page".
I am deliberately trying to keep Cocoon out of discussion,
because it turns off many people on that list (honestly don't know why).

So far I've written a little JavaScript function returning an array
(declared within function).
When I pass that array (values of checked checkboxes) from page1 to
the next page:
<xsl:attribute name='onclick'>
  <xsl:text>window.location.href="page2?id="+  getCheckedValues(v1,
false) .... ";</xsl:text>
</xsl:attribute>
where v1 is my set of checkboxes, id - hidden input.
I can see the comma separated values in the URL (IE's Address),
but when I try to do in action class (Java):
String [] ids = request.getParameterValues("id");
getting NULL array.
I do have id declared on page2:
<xsl:param name='id'/>
Should I have it as <xsl:param name='id'>%</xsl/param>  ?
(what is that '%' ?)

Am I doing something wrong ?
How do I pass an array between Javascript->Java (or request params-> java) ?
Or need to declare that Javascript array outside of the function?

Thank you in advance,
Oleg.