Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.0, relative URIs, and xml:base

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.0, relative URIs, and xml:base
From: Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:10:44 +0100

Hi Magnus,

On 11/18/05, Magnus Henriksson (MO/EAB) <magnus.henriksson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a URI resolver (RFC 2396) that is implemented in pure XSLT
1.0.
<Snip/>
> XSLT 2.0 is not an option, nor are extension functions...

As far as I can tell, you will have a real problem here.
In XSLT (1.0) alone, you cannot get the character code from a given char.

Therefore, you will have to try out every possibility of a given
character. This is barely feasible using only ASCII characters, but if
you need more, then you are really bad off.

You will have to go recursively through the URI in question, escaping
the characters that are not acceptable as they are. The escaping
itself being done by a huge choose-when sentence covering all
possibilities.

I suspect this does not help at all...
Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)