[xsl] Filtering problem

Subject: [xsl] Filtering problem
From: Ryan Puddephatt <rpuddephatt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:16:04 +0000

Hi All,
            Im stumped by an XSLT problem. I have a series of elements
(shown below). Im trying to building a report that groups these by status
type. I have three states submit, approved and complete. Each coming
one after the other respectively. I need to filter these into something
similar to the bottom XML layout. Basically if an item has been approved
it shouldnt appear in submit etc. This is easy enough, but I have to put
date restrictions on it. So if an item was approved, but it was after
$endDate then it should be included in submit or if an item is complete
but after the endDate, but it was approved during the date range then
include it in approved but not submit

Hope this makes sense

Input:
<item>