Re: [xsl] xquery to xslt update

Subject: Re: [xsl] xquery to xslt update
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 12:11:42 GMT

> But do I read this correctly as saying I need an XQuery parser to use
> this?

well to use the xquery to xslt convertor you need an xquery parser to
kick things off. The W3C working group make a java open source one
available except that they have failed to update the page properly since
the september release (which is the main reason I never really announced
xq2xml, it's been stalled since August as I waited for the september
specs and since then there hasn't been a usable parser on a public page,
and the code no longer works with the April parser.)

But if you just want to pass the pre-converted XSLT version of the test
suite through your XSLT engine, then you don't need any Xquery system,
You just take the zip file of XSLT files from the xq2xml distribution
and the Zip file of the Xquery test suite from the W3C and run each xslt
file with inputs as specified in the test suite catalog.

In each case, inputs need to be specified using parameters, the
implicit input is not used, and processing starts with a template called
main, so in saxon you do something like

saxon8 -it main Queries/XQueryXSLT/expressions/foo/bar/test006.xsl +input-context=TestSources/bib.xml

or whatever.

David

http://www.star.net.uk