Re: [xsl] access the root element

Subject: Re: [xsl] access the root element
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 10:42:00 -0600

Hi, Kai,

As other folks have observed, you also have a namespace problem. I missed
that because I was just skimming rather than reading closely. Roman
Huditsch showed the way out of that problem in his posting on this thread.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Kai Hackemesser" <kaha@xxxxxx>
11/03/2005 10:30 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] access the root element

Hi Jay,

> You can change
> <xsl:template match="/">
> <xsl:template match="Metrics">

It doesn't get called. I debugged it with oXygen, it isn't accessed.

> You can change
> <xsl:value-of select="@date"/>
> <xsl:value-of select="Metrics/@date"/>

Same as in other tries. It's always an empty nodeset in debugger.

> Oh, and you've invented a new word with "desparating" - I kinda like
that
one.

*blush* desperating :-) I have seen the error in the second I hit the send
button...