RE: [xsl] DIV tag with class attributes in XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] DIV tag with class attributes in XSL
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:52:15 +0000

You need to set the xsl:output's method attribute to html.

Joe

From: "Mlachak, Michael (SAIC)" <Michael.Mlachak@xxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [xsl] DIV tag with class attributes in XSL
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:39:30 -0600

I am trying to mimic the HTML <div class="Padding"></div> in an XSL
style sheet.  The class attribute "Padding" comes from an XML file. I am
using MSXML (2,3,4) and Internet explorer 6 as my browser.  Pertinent
parts of both files are below:

XML File
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Menubar>
   <SelectedClass>button1</SelectedClass>
   <NonSelectedClass>button</NonSelectedClass>
   <SeperatorClass>Padding</SeperatorClass>
</Menubar>

XSL File
   <xsl:template name="Padding">
            <xsl:attribute name="class"><xsl:value-of
select="//Menubar/SeperatorClass"/></xsl:attribute>
   </xsl:template>

Every time the "Padding" template in the XSL file is called, the code
that gets produced by this translation creates the following:

Which does not render properly in the HTML page in Internet explorer.
That is to say the padding class does not seem to work.
I can hard code the padding to <div class="Padding"></div> in the style
sheet and everything seems to work fine.

Any help or guidance would greatly be appreciated.