Re: [xsl] Import stylesheet

Subject: Re: [xsl] Import stylesheet
From: andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:15:12 +0100

> > Just one question.  We cache our stylesheets to avoid load time.  The
> > "fixed" xsl will be cached.  If we make the on the fly xsl the dominant
> > one, do you know if the imported or fixed xsl still be loaded from
> > cache?

A 'normal' stylesheet cannot import a comiled stylesheet.  I had a
requirement for this a while back which was pretty much the same as
yours - a dynamically created stylesheet which varies per request
imports a common stylesheet that is the same for each request.

In the end the building cost for the stylesheets was quite small,
especially if you cache the common stylesheet (and all others) in a
custom URI resolver, so it became less of a bugbear.