Re: [xsl] Core Dump running xsltproc

Subject: Re: [xsl] Core Dump running xsltproc
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:27:07 -0500

> Saxon doesn't handle entities. It leaves that job entirely to the XML
> parser.

Yup.  Sorry for the mistake.  I think it's time for some coffee.  Most
days I do know the general order of processing a document but today
for some reason my brain just wasn't working.

I believe I was thinking of the of the warnings of how <> comparisons
have changed in XSLT 2.0 and mixed them with some of the warning
messages from the parser about problems resolving entities.  There is
another error where an variable seems to be converted in a different
manner in XSLT 1.0 than XSLT 2.0, but I haven't looked deeply enough
to actually know if that's the case.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen it somewhere that the xslt scripts are
1.0 compatible only (although some versions of Xalan will have
issues).  Of course, I'm still not sure why xsltproc doesn't like it
since I'm pretty sure that it's a 1.0 processor and not a 2.0 trying
to run in backwards-compatibility mode.  I could be wrong though
(again ;) ).

So quick summary to OP: you might want to try asking on the xsltproc
mailing list, they might be able to help you more here.  Or maybe the
one of the docbook mailing lists.

Jon Gorman