Re: [xsl] Stripping empty elements while still conforming to DTD

Subject: Re: [xsl] Stripping empty elements while still conforming to DTD
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:41:31 +0200

<xsl:template match="*">
  <xsl:if test="child::* or (string-length(.) != 0)">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:apply-templates match="@*|node()" />
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

Though I don't see how this will make sure that the result 'still conforms the DTD'...

Cheers

Is there a simple way to strip empty elements from an XML while still conforming to the requirements of the DTD? I know how to use the string() function to copy only those elements that contain data, but this often removes child elements required by the DTD.

Thanks for your help.

Stone