Re: [xsl] Unwanted Prefixes in Output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unwanted Prefixes in Output
From: Alan <alan-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 05:31:44 -0400

* Alan <alan-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxx> [2005-09-21 04:30]:
> * Alan <alan-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxx> [2005-09-21 04:24]:
> >     Probably common problem with namespace emissions. Tried to cut
> >     it down to the basics.
>
> > I'd like to omit "xmlns:foo" namespace declaration where it will not
> > be referenced, like under atom:updated.
>
>     Should note that the saved documents can contain any namespace,
>     so I can't add xmlns:foo declaration to my stylesheet, but I'd
>     like to have my namespaces namespace normal.
>
>     http://www.flightlab.com/~joe/sgml/sanity.txt
>
>     Cheers.

    I'm talking to myself now. :^)

    I found that this removes unnecessary namespace declarations...

      <xsl:template match="atom:*" mode="copy-entry">
        <xsl:element name="atom:{local-name(.)}">
          <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
          <xsl:apply-templates select="node()" mode="copy-entry"/>
        </xsl:element>
      </xsl:template>

    And the "xmlns:foo" only appears on "foo" namespace elements.

    This is pretty close to "namespace normal".

    Can it get any better?

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@xxxxxxxxx
   - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html