Re: [xsl] XSLT on the server side

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT on the server side
From: António Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 18:41:40 +0100

Thanks. But as i'm not a expert on that, that raises me a question.
The caching of both stylesheets and results of transformations are
made by who? The processor, like Saxon? Or the web server?

Now, i'm using a XSLTProcessor (in Sarissa) that allow for xslt
reusability, will it be someone like that?

I'm sorry if this questions are too dumb, but...

On 9/2/05, Jay Bryant <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Whatever approach you choose, if you have any signicifant level of
> > throughput, make sure that you cache compiled stylesheets in memory
rather
> > than recompiling them on each request.
> >
> > Michael Kay
> > http://www.saxonica.com/
> >

> From the category of experiences worth remembering: When I was a contractor
> at Interleaf (and then an employee at Broadvision), I worked on an
XML-based