Re: [xsl] How to get UTC displayed on XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to get UTC displayed on XSLT
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Aug 2005 05:31:31 +0100

    >> Static typing makes XSLT 2.0 a considerably more safe
    >> (reliable) programming language. Many errors that otherwise
    >> would go unnoticed and could produce havoc at unspecified
    >> future time are reported by an XSLT 2.0 processor at
    >> compilation time.
    >>
    >> This significantly decreases the total time for development and
    >> minimizes headaches and surprises.

    Wendell> I admit this may be the case and probably is, even though
    Wendell> it may be too early to have seen it much in
    Wendell> action. Incoming reports are encouraging.

Another benefit of static typing is performance.
If the compiler knows the static types of the arguments to an
expression, and the evaluated result of the expression, then it can
often generate more efficient code, resulting in much faster execution
of the transformation.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire