Re: [xsl] How to get UTC displayed on XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to get UTC displayed on XSLT
From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:33:56 +0530

Hi Dennis,
   Thanks for your comments to my mail. Sorry my intention was not to
start a heated debate!

I see XSLT 2.0 as a strong language enhancement. Ultimately (covering
most of the use cases) input data is XML. XSLT 2.0 has strong
alignment with XML Schema (its philosophy and type system). Making a
language strongly typed has immense advantages (one advantage could be
that debugging cycle is reduced).

I also see XSLT 2.0 as a helpful language to write computational
stylesheets as well (with the availability of data typing and
xsl:function abstraction)..

Ofcourse also, if already lot of XSLT 1.0 code is already written and
has to be maintained, then there is no choice but to use XSLT 1.0 for
those projects.

Regards,
Mukul