RE: [xsl] Schema keys and XSLT implementation

Subject: RE: [xsl] Schema keys and XSLT implementation
From: iwantto keepanon <iwanttokeepanon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 05:28:03 +0400 (MSD)

mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx replied:

> A schema-aware XSLT processor could make use of the existence of keys in the
> schema to create implicit indexes for efficient access in your stylesheet,
> but the only schema-aware XSLT processor currently in existence (Saxon-SA)
> doesn't (yet) do that.
>
> An XSLT 1.0 processor such as libxslt is very unlikely to make any use of
> schema information, though it could do so in theory.

Thanks, that clears things up a lot.  I have read about Saxon-SA, but I didnt
really quite grasp the "SA" part.  And I didnt expect a 1.0 processor to give
me *advanced* features.  But I now better understand what *advanced* means.

Luckily my XML "inspection" turned up xsl:keys that closely matched the
schema ... not bad!

Thx again ...
--
Rodman