Re: [xsl] xsl:include href - relative to document root?

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:include href - relative to document root?
From: "Hardy Merrill" <HMerrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:50:55 -0400

This is becoming off-topic but I'm hoping you'll bear with me since I'm
trying to accomplish including common xsl files from a common
directory
underneath the webroot.

This is on an MS machine where

  1. the default website is "stopped" - I think(?) that is preventing
"localhost"
      from working.  Can someone confirm this?

  2. there are multiple websites

Is there a way to get "localhost" to work without having the "default
website" running?

TIA.

Hardy Merrill

>>> colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 6/21/2005 11:15 AM >>>

    Hardy> Let me back up and ask a more general question.  In web
    Hardy> applications, how do other people organize style sheets so
    Hardy> that style sheets containing common code are located in one
    Hardy> place, and then how do application style sheets _using_
    Hardy> that common code refer to (xsl:include?) them?

One way is to have a directory called common, under the document root.

The you can xsl:include/import from
http://localhost/common/my-common.xsl.
That works for server-side transformations only.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire