Re: [xsl] Problem with generating Unique ids

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with generating Unique ids
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:28:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Laxmi,
  Following is a XSLT stylesheet illustrating the
idea.. generate-id() function is being used to get the
unique node identity. For simplicity please consider
only elements nodes.

<xsl:stylesheet
version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="text" />

<xsl:template match="node() | @*">
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:call-template name="emitId">
      <xsl:with-param name="name" select="name()" />
      <xsl:with-param name="id" select="generate-id()"
/>
    </xsl:call-template>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="node() | @*" />
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="emitId">
   <xsl:param name="name" />
   <xsl:param name="id" />

   <xsl:value-of select="$name" /> - <xsl:value-of
select="$id" /><xsl:text>&#xa;</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Hope this helped..

Regards,