RE: [xsl] Schema aware transformations

Subject: RE: [xsl] Schema aware transformations
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:54:56 +0100

> The problem here is that template match="schema-element(abc)" gets
> rejected by the non-SA processor.

Yes. I think you have to go into schema-aware processing wholeheartedly to
get the benefits. It's not really something you can do by halves.

  The leads onto some questions:

> -Does the SA processor require a source schema for every
> transform (when
> using schema-element() etc)?

No, a schema-aware processor can handle both typed and untyped input
documents.

> -Is it possible to store the validated source (the PSVI?) and supply
> that for subsequent transforms?

Watch this space....

> Other than the 2.0 spec, are there any good resources out there for SA
> processing?

There's a chapter in my book, but it was written before I had any real
practical experience to share. So the answer is, very little. I've been
meaning for a while to write some articles on the subject. I have given a
few talks (the next one is in Prague on Saturday, but I think they're
full...)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/