RE: [xsl] Contexts that are atomic values

Subject: RE: [xsl] Contexts that are atomic values
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:37:27 +0100

More usual is to set a variable to the document node

<xsl:variable name="input" select="/"/>

and then regain your context using $input/key(...)

But yes: once you've gone into a scope where the context item is an atomic
value, you need some kind of handle to yank yourself out again. Perhaps a
current-match() would be useful - but in my view there are already far too
many current-these and current-those, and there's no crime in using
variables.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/