Re: [xsl] Math: Removing X number of zeroes from number Y.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Math: Removing X number of zeroes from number Y.
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:43:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ahsan,
  I was trying to solve this problem, using XSLT 2.0
functions ..

The stylesheet I have written so far is (it is not
complete) -

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet

	        xmlns:num="http://whatever"
                version="2.0">

<xsl:output method="text" indent="yes" />

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:value-of select="num:div_pow(79000, 2)"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:function name="num:div_pow" as="xs:double">
  <xsl:param name="x" as="xs:double"/>
  <xsl:param name="y" as="xs:integer"/>

     <xsl:if test="$y &t; 0">
       <xsl:
     </xsl:if>
</xsl:function>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I am handicaped by the fact that XSLT 2.0 does not
have a construct like xsl:call-function (similar to
xsl:call-template) ..

Is my doubt genuine ..?

Regards,
Mukul

--- Ahsan Ali <doubleletter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a fare element that is returned as, for
> example, 79000. The
> decimal point value is specified in another element
> as for example 2.
> Therefore the number should be: 790.00
>
> There's a way to do this mathematically:
>
> Where x=DecimalPoint, and y=fare, the forumla would
> be y/(10^x)
>
> But as far as I know there's no exponential function
> in XSLT 1.0. I'm
> using, or rather, _have_ to use MSXML, I can't go
> for FXSLT, etc.
>
> It's worth mentioning that fare is of type 'double'
> and DecimalPoint
> is of type 'short'
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to do this in plain XSL
> ?
>
> Any help is appreciated,
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ahsan