Re: [xsl] why do I get duplicate after xsl:copy ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] why do I get duplicate <HTML> after xsl:copy ?
From: Rahil <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:54:09 +0100

David Carlisle wrote:

xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/"> <!-- Line 1-->

use the exclude-result-prefixes attribute on xsl:stylesheet.

I added <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/" exclude-result-prefixes="xmlns"> but this generated an error

SAXON 8.1.1 from Saxonica] Starting transformation ...
FATAL ERROR: net.sf.saxon.xpath.StaticError: Namespace prefix xmlns has not been declared; SystemID: file:/D:/Coding/Samples/Final/CanonicalMapping1.xsl; Line#: 2; Column#: -1

FATAL ERROR: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.

I was reading a bit about a previous thread on this subject. Is this error being generated as Im not using this namespace in my document but is a namespace added by xml processors ?

Rahil