RE: RE: [xsl] creating frames with xsl without javascript (client-side with xml link and implicit style sheet)

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] creating frames with xsl without javascript (client-side with xml link and implicit style sheet)
From: "Bovy, Stephen J" <STEPHEN.Bovy@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:07:36 -0400

I am using client side implicit stylesheet processing.

I have a link to an xml doc which points to a style sheet the link has a
target frame.

Here is my style-sheet:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
 xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

 <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" indent="yes"
  doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
  doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"/>

 <xsl:template match="/">
     <head>
       <title>
         <xsl:value-of select="local-name(/*)"/>
       </title>
     </head>
       <xsl:apply-templates/>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match="/*">
   <a name="tb1" />
     <thead >
         <th colspan="4" >
           <xsl:value-of select="local-name(/*)"/>
         </th>
         <xsl:apply-templates select="/*/* 1 /*" mode="header"/>
     </thead>
     <tbody  >
       <xsl:apply-templates />
     </tbody>
   <iframe id="fm1" frameborder="0" vspace="0" hspace="0"
           marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" width="100%"
           src="#tb1" />
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match="/*/*" >
     <xsl:apply-templates />
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match="/*/*/*" mode="header">
   <th> <xsl:value-of select="local-name()"/> </th>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template match="/*/*/*" >
 </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

The above style sheet was created provided with the help of this list.

Here is a sample of my xml

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
  href="'INTRAHCS.HTML.XML3(TEST3L)'" ?>

<DETACCT-XML-DOCUMENT
   xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation=
       "'INTRAHCS.HTML.XML3(TEST3S)'" >

<XML-TABLE-ROW>
  <ACCTCODE>BO</ACCTCODE>
  <ACCOUNT>8006547</ACCOUNT>
  <NAME>TORRES,ERNESTO</NAME>
  <ARFILE.BALANCE> 44.99</ARFILE.BALANCE>
</XML-TABLE-ROW>

</DETACCT-XML-DOCUMENT>

The file name syntax is ibm z/os datasets do not let it disturb you.

My Link looks like this:

<A HREF="'INTRAHCS.HTML.XML3(TEST3)'" TARGET="body">
DETACCT-XML-DOCUMENT </A>

The only thing I have changed in the above style sheet is

I added <a name="tb1" />

and I added the <iframe> ...

My ultimate objective is to try in as simple a way as possible to enable
the
body of my table to scroll separate from the header portion of the
table.

I thought I might try using a div to make the table or portions of the
table
invisible.  And then display said portions in separate iframes.

But it seems like even in the above example my rel ref in the iframe
does not work.

src="#tb1"