RE: [xsl] Where is Process in JDK 1.5?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Where is Process in JDK 1.5?
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:25:51 -0700 (PDT)

(IMHO) There is a bug in JDK 1.5 related to Xalan 2.6
command line.. java
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xslt.Process line
gives an error.. I don't remember the exact error, but
I think it was "main(String[] args) function is named
internally as _main(String[] args) .. This may be
checked with javap command..

Thi bug can be worked around easily by writing a
wrapper function for the class
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xslt.Process . I
remember this problem was raised by Wendell Piez few
days back..

Regards,
Mukul

--- Touchtel <omprakashv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>          Hi,
>              The xerces and xalan packages are part
> of JAXP which is a
> standard package shipped along with jdk1.5.
> Consequently, the package names
> have changed and the xalan transformation process
> can be invoked using the
> command line
>
>    %java
> com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xslt.Process -IN
> a.xml -XSL
> a.xsl -OUT a.htm
>
>     I haven't personally worked with jdk1.5 yet but
> Iam thinking the above
> should work.
>
>    Cheers,
>    Omprakash.V