[xsl] ENCODING COUNTRY CODES

Subject: [xsl] ENCODING COUNTRY CODES
From: Arulxml@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 05:22:50 -0400

Dear all,

Greetings

I require XSLT support in amending the country codes to my resulting XML. I have all country names with relevant country codes in an external XML file (i.e., CountryCode.xml, given below), here I require all countries needs to be encoded in my each <affiliation> of the source xml, also please find below the resulting xml for your easy understanding.

CountryCode.xml
<allcountry>
    <country code="gb">England</country>
    <country code="in">India</country>
    <country code="us">USA</country>
<allcountry>

source.xml
<root>
    <para>Some text</para>
    <affiliation>Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India - 610545</affiliation>
<affiliation>SOME INSTITUTION NAME, ENGLAND - 12245</affiliation>
    <affiliation>IEEE Institution, NY, USA</affiliation>
</root>

result.xml
<root>
    <affiliation>Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, <country code="in">India</country> - 610545</affiliation>
<affiliation>SOME INSTITUTION NAME, <country code="gb">ENGLAND</country> - 12245</affiliation>
    <affiliation>IEEE Institution, NY, <country code="us">USA</country></affiliation>
</root>

Please advise me how the XSLT should look, many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Arul Kumar

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.