Re: [xsl] xml document as parameter and attribute expression

Subject: Re: [xsl] xml document as parameter and attribute expression
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:34:40 +0200

Sebastien Arbogast wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In my XSLT stylesheet, I have a global parameter containing some XML
>content like this :

>This parameter is called 'center' and I would like to retrieve the
>value of title with some XPath expression. I tried the following :
>
><xsl:value-of select="$center/div[@id='center']/@title"/>
>
>But my libxslt/php5 XSLT processor gives me an XPath internal error
>(document without root) and I don't understand what's the problem

it sounds like your $center param is empty....have u done a simple test

<xsl:copy-of select="$center"/> to ensure that the param is being passed in?

once you know its being passed in...then your xpath should work

u should also be initialising this param as a top level element
<xsl:param name="center" />

gl, Jim Fuller