Re: [xsl] the match() function

Subject: Re: [xsl] the match() function
From: RahilQ <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:22:13 +0100

Hi

David Carlisle wrote:

surely the error message is clear enough there is a syntax error in your
regular expression.

We can't help you as you _still_ haven't shown us what regular
expression you are using.

This is the entire <xsl:template> block that Ive written

<xsl:template match="node">
<xsl:variable name="matchTo" select="parent::node()"/>
<xsl:variable name="matchWith" select="parent::definition"/>
<xsl:if test="matches($matchTo, $matchWith, 'i')">
<xsl:attribute name="id"><xsl:value-of select="@id"/></xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="type"><xsl:value-of select="@rm_class"/></xsl:attribute>
<xsl:value-of select="text"/>
</xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

Im not sure what you mean by 'regular expression'. There is no [a-z][A-Z][0-9] expression in my <xsl:if> statement. The values of 'matchTo' and 'matchWith' both contain the same result viz. 'First'. In this case although they have the same case, I want my program to be capabale of matching similar words irrespective of their case.

Is this what you wanted?

Thanks to everyone helping me out with this.

Rahil