RE: [xsl] Preventing tags from collapsing

Subject: RE: [xsl] Preventing tags from collapsing
From: "Andrew Welch" <ajwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:01:34 +0100

> If you want to generate XHTML but send it as html to a legacy
> html parser (which seems a common requirement, but I'm not
> sure why)

In my case it's because I need to parse the result to extract some
information, therefore the result of the transform has to be XML.  It's
a shame to have to then perform an identity transform with HTML output
method on it purely to avoid tag minimisation.

(it's very intuitive to go looking for a switch to turn off the
minimisation...)

cheers
andrew