Re: [xsl] Compatibility question

Subject: Re: [xsl] Compatibility question
From: Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 22:18:37 +0200

On Apr 8, 2005 9:59 PM, cknell@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Until all browsers implement the same set of technologies you will have to code differently for each.

That's a pity.

> That's why client-side is the wrong approach for this.

Yes, I know server-side does a very good job. But sometimes it is
desiderable using client-side in order to save resources from server.

> The right answer is to do this in one place, the server, which you can control, and serve standard HTML to the browsers.

I agree with you, but client-side could be a "secondary" option. Now
you spend more time taking care in browser compatibility than
programming and serving a web page.

;-)