[xsl] external var in XSL

Subject: [xsl] external var in XSL
From: Vojko <vojko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:10:00 +0100

Hi

Is there a way...to put a var in style sheet and then define it on
parsing?

I would like to pars XSL and give it a different output by defining
different @name.

Example:

<xsl:template match="manual/chapter[@name=chapter1']"> --> chpater1.html
<xsl:template match="manual/chapter[@name=chapter2']"> --> chpater2.html

The XSL would stay the same...it would only pars different XML tag, a
tag that is defined by @name.

So is there a way to define this on pars job when defining -in, -xsl and
-out attributes...since this way...I wouldn't need to copy n number of
XSL files for n number of output HTML files.

I am using Apache Xalan.

And if I totally missed in thinking how to do it...please advise how
could this problem be solved any other way.

Regards, Vojko.