Re: [xsl] if condition

Subject: Re: [xsl] if condition
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:58:00 -0600

Thanks, Wendell.

Aside from trying to help others, I try to answer questions on the list so
that folks who know more can pick apart my answers. That way, I learn more
than I would by just solving my own problems in isolation and never trying
to answer anyone's questions.

I do try to make sure my answers are correct, so that, even though I may
not have the best solution, at least I'm not misleading anyone. To that
end, I generally test my answers with Saxon. However, as you just
demonstrated, I often don't come to the best solution. Over time, as I
participate in the list and you and the other gurus critique my answers to
people's questions, I'll get better at XSL.

So far, it's been working. Clearly, I have a ways to go, but I find myself
using different constructs than I did a few months ago.

Thanks again for the continuing education.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
03/09/2005 05:18 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] if condition

At 04:36 PM 3/9/2005, it was written:
>   <xsl:template match="customer">
>     <customer name="{@name}">
>       <xsl:choose>
>         <xsl:when test="@age">
>           <xsl:attribute name="age">
>             <xsl:value-of select="@age"/>
>           </xsl:attribute>
>         </xsl:when>
>         <xsl:otherwise>
>           <xsl:attribute name="age">unknown</xsl:attribute>
>         </xsl:otherwise>
>       </xsl:choose>
>     </customer>
>   </xsl:template>