RE: [xsl] xsl:template having both name and match

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:template having both name and match
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:00:10 -0000

> I want to know in which circumstances such a template
> definition is useful.. Can somebody please provide an
> example where this has real practical use..?

I've very rarely used this capability myself. But in general, if the
semantics of a construct are perfectly well-defined, then it's a bad idea to
make it an error just because you can't see many people using it. In
principle it's a good idea if the code in your stylesheet is reusable, and
there's no intrinsic reason to prevent you writing code that can be called
in more than one way.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/