RE: [xsl] Separating XSLT 1 and 2 help?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Separating XSLT 1 and 2 help?
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:49:30 -0500

At 5:09 PM -0600 3/1/05, Pieter Reint Siegers Kort wrote:
Now there's some common sense comment but is also taken from the point of
view of the others that responded - I said "specific".

I know you did. I understood your suggestion, I thought about it, and I disagree. Discussions on XSL-List serve at least two functions; the original poster gets a question answered and other people learn what sorts of questions people have (and by implication, the things they are doing with XSL) and how the questions can be addressed. A list specific to XSLT 2, that addressed only questions that the poster knew were about XSLT 2, might serve the first function very well, but I think it would erode the ability of the list to serve the second function.

This second function, general education of people interested in
XSL, seems be a very valuable function of XSL-List; I get messages
from lurkers regularly who tell me how much they learn simply by
reading the list.

-- Tommie
B. Tommie Usdin mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com 17 West Jefferson Street Phone: 301/315-9631
Suite 207 Direct Line: 301/315-9634
Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML