Re: [xsl] Javascript variable to XSL variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] Javascript variable to XSL variable
From: Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:47:47 +0100

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:44:33 -0400, Jaime Stuardo wrote:

> I think you cannot do that due to the way XSL and JavaScript work. JavaScript is executed by the browser, which only interprets HTML code..

> If you display an XML in the browser using a XSL, the browser finally will receive the HTML, and in that moment all JavaScript code may be executed.

O.K. I was trying to use some functions with sablotron, but neither
works (extensions are not enabled), so I have to make pure XSL
transform...

> Why do you have to do that? cannot you use only JavaScript? Maybe if you tell what you plan to do, maybe we can suggest the way to go around that.

Well, I am forced to use Javascript due to I have to work with combo
boxes and I need "onchange" event to operate and select values
(depending of the option selected).

One combo box contains XML data and displays the values. When I select
one option, I need lo load one XML file (depending on the selected
value).

For example:

<select name="combo1">
<option select="file1.xml">Option1</option>
<option select="file2.xml">Option2</option>
<option select="file3.xml">Option3</option>
<option select="file4.xml">Option4</option>
</select>

The main problem is that I am using a parser (Sablotron) with PHP to
transform XML and XSL files. I want to use standard components in
order to get all browsers can render the data, not only Internet
Explorer.

Any idea is highly appreciated. :-)

Greetings.