RE: [xsl] equivalent for 'while'

Subject: RE: [xsl] equivalent for 'while'
From: "Andrew Welch" <ajwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:05:12 -0000

> >>It's not immediately obvious how you arrived at your output, for
> >>example where does the SubConcept/id value of '11000' come from?
> >>

> Oh the '11000' is just an id I made up for completing the XML
> document.
> However it comes from some other part of document 2 which I
> havent shown
> in the post (to avoid lengthy chunks of code).

That didn't help matters then...

> The id's differ in doc 1 and doc 2 simply because the sources of
> information are different. Information on Pain has been constructed
> using two separate and independent modelling techniques. What
> I want to
> achieve is to identify the similarities and differences in the
> representation of Pain in the two models (which is why I need
> them to be
> simplified before performing any sort of comparison).
>
> Obtaining the ids is not the ultimate goal. However they can
> be used for
> easing the process of looking up specific concepts in
> document 2. Since
> the format in which I obtain document 2 is entirely different from
> document 1, I'd like to reduce it to a sort-of canonical form to make
> easy the process of comparison.
>
> Does this answer your query?

Not really.  The longer it takes someone to decipher your requirements
from wordy descriptions and unhelpful examples the more likely it is you
won't get a response (which is unusual here).

Maybe try again but this time only put values in the example result that
can be obtained from the example documents... (and remove all
elements/atts from the example docs that aren't relevant to problem).