[xsl] getting values from controls with ids

Subject: [xsl] getting values from controls with ids
From: "Prasad Akella" <avlnprasad@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:47:58 +0100

hi,

I have been working on transformation from xforms to xhtml. I have a problem with Id's. For every xhtml control being generated equivalent for Xforms control i am using the generate-id(.) function of xsl to give a unique id to the control in xhtml. but i am not sure how i can use this id in my javascript or dom to access the value stored in this control. how do i say document.getElementById('control goes here').value
as i am not sure how to get the ids of each control and this has to be generic as well. can someone throw some light into this please

with regards,
prasad akella