RE: [xsl] DTDs and offline processing

Subject: RE: [xsl] DTDs and offline processing
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:40:54 +0200

Hi,

> I run into problems using Saxon on documents containing a DOCTYPE
> declaration because it tried to look up the DTD even when I'm offline.
> Is there a way to avoid this, short of removing the declaration?

Use local DTD with a catalog resolver, e.g. from
<http://xml.apache.org/commons/>. Or, write a entity resolver that returns an
empty document when the external subset is requested by the parser.

> The other problem is that without the DTD, entities can't be
> looked up,
> so  I get an error. From what I could see in the FAQs, the only way
> round that is to temporarily change &thing; into
> [[AMP]]something_else;,
> with sed. Any alternatives?

Ah, so scrach the empty external resolver. You need a catalog resolver. Easier
that it sounds.

Cheers,

Jarno - Covenant: Tour de Force (live)