RE: [xsl] namespace reference in xsl without being attributein outputxml

Subject: RE: [xsl] namespace reference in xsl without being attributein outputxml
From: "Karjala Koponen" <kkoponen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:46:20 -0500

Michael,

Matching in the sense that the DOCTYPE element(?) and the topmost data
element, <serial-issue>, looked the same.  I wrote my transform to produce a
document that looked as close to the sample I had as I could.  In order to
output namespaced(?) elements I had to declare a namespace, which put the
namespace declaration/attribute in/with the <serial-issue> element.  Based on
David's feedback I now believe that the sample I followed was probably not
created using xslt.  I will create the output xml file with the namespace
attribute and verify with the customer that the file, as I create it, is
acceptable.

Karjala

>>> mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx 01/28/2005 10:33:33 AM >>>
> KK: My goal was to match what I thought was the correct
> document.

Match under what matching algorithm?

For example, do the attributes have to be in the "right" order?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/