RE: [xsl] finding nodes

Subject: RE: [xsl] finding nodes
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:18:52 +0200

Hi,

(g>
g>.... mmm)

> In my stylesheet I have this:
>
> I have $value =' resident'

There's an extra space character before "resident", remove it.

>  <xsl:variable name="nset">
>  <xsl:value-of select="//campus[@name = $value]"/>
>  </xsl:variable>
>
> <xsl:message> nodeset  <xsl:value-of select="$nset"/></xsl:message>

The node-set $nset is bound to has no non-empty text node descendants, thus the value extracted will be just white space.

> I would then like to iterate  over the nodeset returned.

And do what? The student elements have no text nodes in then and the attributes look like metadata to the student element, not something you'd want to show.

Cheers,

Jarno